Need Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help...

I have a 1993 yamaha 115 hp outboard motor...the problem with it is that it does not go past 15 mph...after i accelerate to 15 mph the motor dies...it turns on fine it just does not go past 15 mph and i dont know what else to do with it...i cleaned the carburator, changed the oil, checked the fuel pump, changed the spark plugs, cleaned the gas filter....if you know anything else i can do or try please help....thank you
    Last edited by cortiz12; 08-21-2007, 01:34 PM.

Check the compression and check spark on all cylinders.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi, did you try to run it on a seperate portable tank of gas? Try it, and see if it helps. Get back to me, and let me know how you make out. It sounds like a fuel problem, a possible cloged pickup screen in main tank, air leak in fuel hose, partially closed fuel shut-off valve.
      Dennis

Comment

what RPM is it stopping at....

do you have analog or digital gauges?

does your buzzer work ??

might be rpm reduction, low oil, overheat....at 2k but you see it at 15 mph.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help...The boat worked fine just in time for the wicc600 blue fish tournament...We didnt win but it was fun....I did everything everyone suggested and the boat now works fine....I believe it was a gas problem, but thanks to all of you it works fine now...I appreciate it

Comment

Working...
          X