2001 225ox66 oil tank level trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 225ox66 oil tank level trouble

my tank on the motor is not keeping a good level all of the time. I can manually pump oil when the level alarm goes off, so I think the pump and filter is ok. I have pulled the filter on the bilge tank, and cleaned it. I have pulled the sensor on the motor tank and cleaned the strainer and the brass shaft the floats ride on. Could the sensor be going out? it does not do it all of the time. the other day, I cranked the motor in the yard with the water connected of course, and the couling off. I pulled the drain tube off the bottom of the motor tank to lower the level in the tank. when it got to the bottom line on the tank the pump in the bilge tank pumped oil up to the top line of the motor tank and stopped. it did this several times. the next day I went fishing and after about 15minutes of running the alarm sounded and the motor tank had a low level. i stopped and left the motor idleing and the level came back up to operating range, and I continued back to the ramp. does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

15 mins of running meant that you had a high demand of oil and possibly your sub tank couldnt get the oil there fast enough to replace. pinched line, STILL dirty filter...those should be repaced.

if it is intermittent, then possible bad ground or corroded harness.

Comment

I have traced it back to a voltage problem. I am not getting 12 volts to the oil pump leads. I have bench tested the pump, it works fine. I do not know where the pump gets its power from. When I test the leads to the pump( brown and blue wires) I get 1-5 volts, an erratic reading. When I flip the manual switch beside the oil tank on the motor I get 12 volts on the pump leads. Can anyone tell me how the sensor on the oil tank on the motor powers the pump in the onboard tank?

Comment

Working...
      X