Fuel Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Management

I have twin SX250Z with fuel management. Before the water fuel water separators each motor has a part # 6y5-85752-00. It has two wires originating from it. I don't know what the part is for or what is inside it.
    I am looking at this part because one motor will hit about 3500 RPM’S and stop, and the start up again. It will ***** for 5 hours at a time without any problems.
    I have cleaned the o2 sensor.

Those are fuel flow sensors for the fuel management gauge. You may have fuel restriction but probably not the sensor. You need to have the fuel pressure tested. You can run it on a portable fuel tank connected to engine filter. If it runs good on portable tank then there is a fuel restriction in boat fuel system.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply I will try to see if the other motor fuel line will reach, I have tried to find an end connect to the large motor but have not been able. The motor worked just fine until one morning heading o the fishing area it quit, and had to be restarted. It is getting progressive worse.

Comment

Thanks for encouraging me to get the fuel pressure tested, I did not have the tool but found somebody that did. Fuel line pressure was right on specifications. The guy that did this told most problems like this are from the spark plugs because we ***** so much and I should change them. I did this in spring and thought that they surely should be good but I did change them and the motor works perfectly. This mechanic said most people avoid the obvious I was one of them. I will now go back to fishing full time

Comment

Working...
        X