1987 115 Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 115 Yamaha

Can someone tell me the part number for a '87 115 Carb rebuild kit and water pump kit with housing.

I would like to order from one place, but it seems I can find one, but not the other.

This motor has not been used for 3years or so. This is what I was going to replace on the motor.

Fuel Lines
    Rebuild Fuel Pump
    Fuel Filter
    Carbs
    T-Stat
    Waterpump/impeller
    Gear Lube
    Plugs

Anything else that might be a good idea?

6E5-W0093-06-00 CARBURETOR REPAIR KIT
    6E5-W0078-A1-00 WATER PUMP REP KIT
    6E5-44311-00-00 HOUSING, WATER PUMP
    6E5-44365-00-00 .DAMPER, WATER SEAL
    You can go to this link to find other pparts you need.http://www.boats.net/parts/search.ht...8%7C%7C115ETXH
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      6E5-W0078-A1-00 WATER PUMP REP KIT
      6E5-44311-00-00 HOUSING, WATER PUMP
      6E5-44365-00-00 .DAMPER, WATER SEAL
      You can go to this link to find other pparts you need.http://www.boats.net/parts/search.ht...7;7C%7C115ETXH

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm now $175 lighter
      Last edited by blindmullet; 08-03-2007, 02:48 PM.

Comment

pressure relief valve

drive shaft seals ( under waterpump plate)

Comment

[/url]
          I just got the kit in, but it doesn't come with new floats. Was this the correct kit? I know I can just order them as well - anything else this kit may have left out?

Whats the part number for the drive shaft seals and pressure valve as well? Thanks again! Love the quick ship and prices!!!!!

Comment

No that kit does not come with floats, normally they don't need to be replaced. If you need them order # 6E5-14385-02-00. The seals are 93101-28M16-00(2 needed). Pressure control valve is 6G5-12416-00-00 and gasket 6G5-11382-A1-00.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

No that kit does not come with floats, normally they don't need to be replaced. If you need them order # 6E5-14385-02-00. The seals are 93101-28M16-00(2 needed). Pressure control valve is 6G5-12416-00-00 and gasket 6G5-11382-A1-00.

Thanks! The float cracked when I pulled the bowl. The varnish was stuck to it Cleaned one of the carbs all up. It is still recommended not to soak them in cleaner right? I just used spray cleaner a tooth pick, tooth brush, compressed air and a dremel to clean the gasket surface. Thanks again orderd up those parts!

Comment

How bad does this look? This motor had been sitting for atleast 2years if not more.

Should this sit flush???

Comment

That lower unit oil looks pretty milky. Must have gotten some water in there. Time for some new gaskets.

Comment

6E5-44365-00-00 .DAMPER, WATER SEAL Does this go on top of the water pump outlet? Maybe the part changed over the years but mine is hard plastic? Is this the correct place for it?

Comment

Take a look at the diagrams for your motor on www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/index.html

Look at all the diagrams - somtimes the water tube parts are split on two diagrams.

Good luck.

Comment

No, the bracket should be set at the correct level so your lower unit is not too high or low in the water. The bracket does not have to be flush with the top of the transom.

Comment

Refering to my message about the diagrams, look at the lower drive 2 diagram for the identification and position of parts.

Comment

Working...
                          X