Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine warning indicator sequence?

Hi All,

I have a problem that I need advice on. My engine is Yamaha F115 AETL from 2002

Yesterday I noticed for the first time the engine indicator starting blinking on my Yamaha gauge. The sequence is 2 / 8 and sometimes 4 / 9. I looked through the service manual but it only referenced some manual diagnostic test (with an external lamp attached to engine) I noticed the warning in rough sea when I was trimming the engine, other than that the engine runs fine.

Does anyone know what that particular sequence means and is there any online chart or manual that clarify indicator codes?

Thank you all, Joe

The code 28 is incorrect shift position switch and code 49 is ignition timing is being slightly corrected(when starting a cold engine). This is for the motors sold here in USA and not sure if would be the same for your motor but probably is. The codes are listed in service manual but I only have manuals for USA models.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks Boats, appreciate your answer as always.

It makes more sense now since I was looking at the codes as separated numbers and not combined. The service manual I did buy from Boats (as well all spare parts) and it’s accurate for European engines as well.

What does incorrect shift position (code 28) mean and is it something that needs to be addressed urgently?

Comment

The shift position switch is located on engine shift mechanism where control cable connects. It simply signals ECU whether it is neutral or in gear. Check shift cable adjustment.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X