YAMAHA saltwater series ii 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAMAHA saltwater series ii 200

I have a problem at high speed the alarm gos off and engine bogs down .
    i was told i may need ne heads . can i get my old heads refurbished??
    also if i dont use the boat alot my cards get clarged up how do i clean them i had it done be fore 400 dollars later.
    thank you
    richard r

you might need new heads if you keep running it with the alarm going off... but very doubtful now.

what you DO need is to have your water pump, thermostats and prv valve changed. And how is the oil level ?

the alarm sounds with low oil or overheat.

if you dont use your motor much your carbs are probably dirty, if and when you clean or have them cleaned, try to run it at LEAST once a month afterwards.

Comment

new heads

can they be redone? oil is fine just replaced pump in it.
      i had the left side done before .(head) now it may be the right side . is this hard to do myself ? or take it off and send it out and have it done ?
      do you know the price on new heads?
      thank you
      richard r

Comment

alarm and over heating

the alarm gos off at high speed then i slow it down and shut in off and runs fine it only happens at high speed 4200 rpms or better

Comment

how long have you had the motor and has it always done this?
          most likely your cooling system is not up to par, the items i said earlier should be replaced, but you could also have some cavitation, not allowing full water flow over intake. have you lifted the motor or installed anything on the hull, transducer or the like?

i think it is rare to have to have the heads done...unless of course there are rings imbedded into it...usually a new gasket does the trick.with a warped head...you would have no compression, not an overheat.

Comment

had 1998

i have had the motor since 1998
            had problem 3 years ago high speed .
            the mech took off heads and clean them .
            put back on and ran fine . i havent used the boat much, like everybody else
            i ran it and happend again last week .i will look into the other things you said
            thank you
            richardr

Comment

ok...i misunderstood...they cleaned the water passages, water jackets...if you rinse well ater use you shouldnt have that problem.

Comment

water passages, water jackets

so what you are saying rinse wwith fresh water with the ears and the run it again ? wen here took off the heads before he had to scrape offth e salt that was on it.
                thank you
                richardr

Comment

Working...
                X