still limpin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still limpin

I have 98 yam 200 saltwater 2 Carbed.Warning Buzzer & Limp mode.Have changed both oil senders and ohmed both temp switches also thermo switch.No resistance. Have unplugged all 1 at a time no change.Alarm comes on as I turn key and stays on motor doesnt even have to be running but does stay on when running.Oil system working properly,tank on motor fills itself and shuts off pump at correct level.Limited to 1800rpm Not getting hot.Please Help!

you say you CHANGED them.....new / used ??

as far as i know....and im not one for electrics... the main tank sensor is just a switch....test it for continuity and NO continuity... remove it, test with float down AND up....ensure a difference.

the sub tank... i THINK.....has a full( green)....a caution( yellow ) and a low (red ) three position sensor...so ensure the sub sensor continuity readings ALSO change as you change the float position.

Comment

limpin away

I changed them out with new genuine Yamaha parts. have tested as you described.even tested old ones i took out and they tested fine. i tested keyswitch yesterday and its fine .I also tested harness from sub tank to computer.all is well. i tested harnesses from computer to main harness no problems . tested trim sender.tested fine.This realy has me going nuts. Any body have some c-4? ,i might create an artificial reef somewhere.Could a faulty digital guage not be reading signals? i noticed a little fog under glass as if water has entered somehow.
      Thanks a bunch for all your input
      Ray

Comment

I'm not 100% positive but when the alarm goes off your gauge should show which system has a fault. Either the oil or temp gauge will flash. I had an issue with the temp wire rubbing through at one of the top mounting bolts for the computer which was causing the alarm to go off. If your systems appear to be working fine I would suspect a grounded wire somewhere.

Comment

Working...
        X