98 Saltwater Series II Carbed. Alarm/Limp mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Saltwater Series II Carbed. Alarm/Limp mode

I have 98 yam 200 saltwater 2 Carbed.Warning Buzzer & Limp mode.Have changed both oil senders and ohmed both temp switches also thermo switch.No resistance. Have unplugged all 1 at a time no change.Alarm comes on as I turn key and stays on motor doesnt even have to be running but does stay on when running.Oil system working properly,tank on motor fills itself and shuts off pump at correct level.Limited to 1800rpm Not getting hot.Please Help!

you need to isolate if it is oil or heat first.

while buzzing, unhook thermosensor at harness and touch pink and blk together....does it stop ?

Comment

OK , I did that & noticed slight tone change in buzzer but it did not stop.I did this with motor off key on.Tested at point where both sensors join before they go to computer. Whats next?Thanks for your help. Ray

Comment

i would do the check with motor running....
        then, while running, pull each oil sensor, turn upside down, simulating full.

Comment

OK,I completed all the above with motor running and no change.Gettin grey hair yet?If not whats next? Thanks, Ray

Comment

Also noticed on my digital Yamaha tach there is a flashing bar over oil can.I replaced both senders last week.Nothing changed. thanks.Ray

Comment

check all wiring as youre losing a signal.

Comment

what is the level on the sub/boat tank ??
                will the main tank fill via the manual switch ??
                if the sub tank is low, you will get the yellow flash and it wont send oil to main.

Comment

The level in sub tank is full and it fills tank on motor perfectly and shuts off pump at correct level.I have pulled,twisted,and shook all harnesses to no avail.Any ideas where to start looking for lost signal.I have shop manuel for motor but it doesn't go any further than testing heat & oil sensors when it comes to the warning system.Thanks Ray.

Comment

Yes the override switch works great.I dont have colored lights,just yamaha digital tach. with trim,heat,& oil all grey.thanx Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X