Calling all Fuel Problems!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Fuel Problems!!!

Ok i am now going through the white milky stuff on my 2001 250 ox66 VST Filter and a little on my fuel injector fuel filters.
    MY question is this, I am trying to determine if this is a ethanol/ aluminum tank issue or is just a plain ethanol problem??? How many of you guys out there having these fuel problems have aluminum tanks? and if any, is this problem affecting the plastic tanks??
    I need all info possible because its time to find a solution to this problem. It's taking the fun out of boating and fishing. I do not see this problem much in Other makes of motors.

I am in the process of installing a 2 micron filter after my 10 micron filter in hopes i can stop plugging up my filters in the motor.

I'm really begging to Hate Yamaha's need help soon!

Thanks for your input
    Chris

If the gas you are getting has more than 10% ethanol in it you will always have a water problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have seen an identical problem on my F90. I know that I have definitely had some water getting into my fuel tank through the vent line, so I have attributed the white gunky stuff to water contamination. I am in the process of cleaning tanks and moving vent lines in hopes the problem is eliminated. Getting water into ethanol-bearing gasoline seems to be bad news for these engines.

Concerning ethanol and aluminum, most of what I have read seems to indicate that it should be OK for blends up to 10% ethanol. (I hope so, since I also have aluminum fuel tanks.) The vapor separator tank on these engines - and fuel pump bodies - are also made of aluminum. Following is a link to an article on the subject of marine fuel tanks. http://www.nmma.org/lib/docs/nmma/gr...tion_Paper.doc

Regards - Woodnaut.

Comment

Bitesomthing, Do you have a glass bowl under your 10 micron fuel filters that you can see the deposits? I have the same milky stuff but it hasn't passed my fuel filters. I always drain any water out and change my filters regularly to prevent anything from passing the fuel water seprators and haven't seen anything in my filters mounted on the motors. How often do you change your filters?

Comment

Working...
        X