Clean Up This Board !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Up This Board !

This message board has been trashed by spammers. Put a filter into your post screener for these spammers or another great resource will be lost.

-Mike

i second that motion.

Comment

i am new to this forum. 2 weeks or so. great resource. but you are right. the spam on here is a pain. is there a moderator for this?? my daughter is 12 and wanted to look on here and get some info for me when i was out side working on the boat. well i said no due to some of the posts on here. i belong to TexasFishingForum.com its got thousands and thousands of members and not one spam. it has 400 plus viewers at one time and it tells you how many in each area. like bass fishing will have 300 plus at all times. and not one spam topic.

i guess this is a long post but you are so right about the issue of advertisement and spam is bad.
      work all day and play all nite

Comment

you are correct. In the last 4 or 5 days, the spam has been out of control. I look at this forum every day, and it is almost always without spam. If it is not too hard to do, it should be filtered, but if everyone ignores the spam, and they get no hits from us, most likely they will go away.
        Dennis

Comment

I have noticed this for the past month, getting worst by the day. I understand a few creeping in but this has gotten over whelming, ruining this forum...

Jon

Comment

I'm sorry about the mess.I was out of town this weekend and didn't clean out the unwanted; I will clean it up tonight. We have taken steps to solve the spam problem but it has increased at a high rate in the last couple of weeks. We are putting more filters in place to reduce spam. Please be patience with us as we solve this problem. We do not want to loose any members as the message boards have been a large success for us and I hope for you as well.
            Thanks
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you Boats.Net for your quick response to this problem.
              Dennis

Comment

Thanks boats.net. You know, I would not be buying my parts from you without this board. This collective group of mechanically talented guys posting to your board desereve the respect, so pls try to keep this board spam free. I would not be a patron without the help of this board. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X