tilt trim issue still need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt trim issue still need help

well, bought a new trim motor. had a cracked base on it. told after all the trouble it was air in the system. So i am buying another motor on here monday. but i also ordered and replaced all the seals and o rings and so forth on the trim rams. the plastic spacer had come off on both of them and was all melted like or crushed. they must have come loose and broke apart and were smashed. but all thats new. new seals on the release valve and now a new motor will be on it Tuesday. the whole problem started when it made noise and it was like a squeal and a grinding noise. my question is if i should go ahead and put a new pump as well. thats about all thats left. what do you all think. have it tore down why not?? now i was told that a pump either works or not. and mine works from what i can tell but is there truth to all this about working or not working??
    work all day and play all nite

HI, my take on your situation??? I would probably go for the new pump, that way everything is new, hopefully eliminating future problems. Put old pump on the shelf, mark it used, works fine. You or a friend might need it one day down the road.
    Dennis

Comment

Working...
    X