6 hours on new yamaha 25hp 2-stroke and carb trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 hours on new yamaha 25hp 2-stroke and carb trouble

new 25hp yamaha 2-stroke, been running premix with yam oil at 25:1 ratio. Have about 5-6 hours on it so far, been great till recent. It would hit 5800 rpm then wot dropped to 5200 the other evening. Next day I could feel a miss running 4000-5000 rpm cruise then it bogged and now won't get on plane. No power over 2000 rpm. Will start and idle great however. Checked plugs and they look great, clean, correct color and no deposits! 6 gallon gas tank is new, fresh gas, and fresh yamaha oil. Gas tank is vented, and primer bulb is hard. I can pull and feather the choke and the engine will roar with power briefly. What are the chances the premix at 25:1 to 20:1 ratio caused the floats to hang up or some kind of problem to affect high speed mixture? I did have an incident around the 3 hour runtime mark where i closed the throttle rapidly to stop, and stalled the motor and wouldn't restart. Did get it to restart but wouldn't idle, would only run fast so I did back to the dock. 10 minutes later at the dock carb must have cleared itself because it ran great for the next couple hours to now, where idle is great but no power. I would normally suspect debris or something hanging up the carb, but everything is new and very clean. what should i look for when pulling the carb? should I be looking at fuel pump for any reason? thanks

If its new it should still be covered under warranty unless it's water or trash in gas.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X