No power to gages or tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to gages or tachometer

I replaced my ‘85 115’s with a pair of rebuilt‘94 130’s. I purchased Yamaha’s adapter to use the analogue gauges and oil tanks from the ‘85s. Since I changed to the new motors the tachs and the oil lights don’t work. The oil waning buzzer and the low level cut off work fine. Both motors have the identical problem. The motors start and run fine with all other electrical components working.

I have checked the oil lights on the gauges and all of them work when energized. The tachs move off the pin when the motors are stated but never get above 500rpm.

I have replaced grounds, checked harnesses and to the best of my and my mechanics ability to troubleshoot the problem it seams that I am not getting power to the oil control units. And I don't have any idea why the tachs won’t go!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you HAVE hooked the 4 wire harness from keyswitch ? yel, bl grn, blk??
    also that harness has fuses inline.

Comment

Yes, I checked all of the fuses and rung-out the harness. I have power "yellow" from the key switch, but no tach.

Thanks

Comment

Just-in-time : Analogue gauges "no settings". I barowed a tach and a haness from my mechanic and hooked it up. It has the same problem, no light, no tach reading.

Comment

Boats.net Tech's can you help me on this. I have checked everthing I can think of. Harness, gauges, stator, voltage regulator, grounds etc.

I don't know how to check the CDI. Where is the tach signal generated stator or CDI?

Comment

Just-in-time :I stand corrected, there are setting on analog gauges. Adjustment is 4-12 on tachs, I adjusted lowest to highest level, no change. I tested the voltage to the tachs green wire: 5 volts @ 500 rpm, 5.4 @ 1000 rpm’s and up. Anybody have any idea! Tach’s and wiring worked fine on previous engines. Stator test with continuity “360 ohms” green and white wire, charging coil o.k., voltage regulator test o.k. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X