Yamaha foot oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha foot oil change

I've got the 10 break-in hours on my 4 stroke yamaha and the book says "change the gear oil".

After draining the foot oil the book says to fill by "injecting the gear oil into the gear oil drain screw hole using a flexible or pressurized filling device."

Running through this in my head I'm thinking this is going to be messy. If I don't make a good seal on the drain hole it's just going to come right back at me right?

Can I just get a bottle of mobil one 75W90 synth gear oil, cut the tip of the nipple off and jam that in there?

yes, and/or there is a handpump made for the job also.

Comment

HI, you just spent LOTS for a new motor, why would you want to use anything but a Yamaha lower unit oil??? Especially given the fact that if you buy the gallon size, with the pump, it has a nozzel that screws into the drain hole, and now there is no mess, and you have enough for a few oil changes.
      Dennis

Comment

Excellent advice DennisG. I wasn't aware that the yamaha oil can came with the pump.

Comment

some prefer the synthtic and it wont mix with water

Comment

I use the Mercury High pref lower unit lube. It is blue in color, does not mix with water. My be synthetic as well. Was recomeded by a Yamie dealer...

Good luck

Comment

i would only use yamaha gear lube, it,s made for there engines and gear housings with the right additives

Comment

Working...
              X