Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

digital yamaha tachometer unknow icon :?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital yamaha tachometer unknow icon :?

Sorry for my english but I'm italian. I replaced my yamaha 50hp 2 stroke with a 2004 60hp 4 stroke, today I had connected the yamaha tach gauge (it's works fine with 50hp) and I had setup the switch and all was ok... but there are two problems
    1) when the trim is all down the gauge shows 2 lines
    2) there is a flash-icon over the written label "x100" and this icon flashes also when the motor is on and also when the motor if off. the flas-icon disappears only when the trim is all up.

...so... what is this icon?!? I'm a little scared about it...
    however the motor runs very good!

thanks to everyone! I'm waiting your answer as soon as possible.

Piero,

You have to set the dip switches located on the back of the tachometer bellow the rubber plug.

Switch 1 is for the trim sender, count the number of wires coming out of trim sender on transom bracket, if it has 2 wires set it in the up position, if 3 wires set it in the down position.

You have to change also the position of switch 3 because you are changing from a 2 strokes to a 4 strokes engine. You have to set it in the up position.

I hope this will help you and the icon that you have will disappear,

Sergio

Comment

I have already setup for the new motor.I setup all the switch in the right position with the table of the gauge, the rpm works fine but there is always the fashing-icon it's same a bell

Comment

that is probably the water separator warning light....do you have the sensor on yours ??

Comment

I think that was water separator warning light but I don't know if my motor has the sensor, how can i check if I have the sensor?

Comment

Working...
          X