Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to fish, PLEASE HELP!

Still no fire on cylinders 2,3, or 5. I have checked or have had checked
    Stator Assembly, Pulsar Coil, Rectefier,and the Ignition Coil Assemblies. I have eliminated the Ignition coil assemblies(a.k.a coil packs) but I am not so sure about the others. The pulsar coil, stator assembly and rectefier were checked by a Yamaha outboard Shop. The boat has not been ran for a long while. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Has the CDI been checked? I assume so since you had dealer look at it. CDI could do this...

Joninnj

Comment

Sorry. Yamaha Vmax 150 2001 Mod # v150tlrz.

Comment

Check the shifty switch disconnect it see if it fires on all and run it past 1800 and see if all fire

Comment

What is a shifty switch?

Comment

you have neutral kills in throttle and possibly on motor at linkage prior to shift shaft BUT im not sure if it would kill ALL spark or just a few as your issue states.....maybe someone else will inform on this.
            you HAVE swapped coil location with the same result ??

Comment

Yes, I have swapped the coil packs at each plug with no change. A mechanic and boats.net suggested it may be the pulsar coil, so I took the flywheel off and checked it for continuity and it checked ok. The mechanic told me to look for a broke wire, but I never found it. The mechanic told me that there was three coils on the pulsar coil, the prints of the motor on boats.net show three coils, but when I took the flywheel off to look at my pulsar coil it only had two. Whats up with that? The motor tag says it was manufactured in 07/00 but the model #(v150tlrz) suggest it is a 01.

Comment

The only thing left is the CDI unit. If it has no fire at all on three cylinders your mechanic should have been able to find bad component, did he run peak voltage test?
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I will have a peak voltage check done, and report the results. Thanks everyone for your help. The zx190 is officially at the shop until it is fixed. The only thing better than having a Skeeter boat is having two Skeeter boats,LOL, I will fish out of the old SS90 until the zx190 is fixed. I agree with boats.net the only thing left is the CDI unit.

Comment

Working...
                  X