Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Prop for a 90 HP and Boston Whaler Montauk

Hello All

I have SuperSport Limited, same hull as a Classic 17 Ft Montauk.

I wondering what seems to be the best all around prop for this hull. I run a 2 stroke 90 HP Yamaha. With a 17inch SS K series prop it will jump to 5700 RPMs with a moderate to light load (2 adults full tank). I tried a 19 inch Michigan Ballistic last season, did not get my desired results. Top end with only myself was 4900 rpms; loaded it dropped to 4500 RPMs. Since it jumps to 5700 With the 17, I'm thinking I have a little room to play and still stay at the upper end of the RPMs, desired (5300-5400) for water sports

I purchased a 19 Yamaha K series, and got only marginally better results compared to the Ballistic. 5100 trimmed out with a light load (1600 lbs total) although 5100 is only 300 RPMs less than my desired results, it really struggled to get there.

Seems that a drop off of 600RPM is excessive for the identical prop in the next size.

Any Thoughts?

Jon

Guys,

Any thoughts? a drop of 600 to 700 RPMs seems like a lot for going up in pitch one size 17 to a 19... I can squeeze 5100 out of the 19K series but it struggles to get there. Any ideas before modifying one of these props.

thx
    Jon

Comment

Working...
    X