1999 115 2 stroke freshwater flush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 115 2 stroke freshwater flush?

I am new to boating and Love it. We use the boat mainly on the intracoastal here in Florida.

We have a 1999 Hurricane Sundeck with a 115 yamaha 2 stroke. I am willing to learn about maintaining the motor myself and have poured thru the numerous posts on this site for some great information. I do not have any books on this boat or motor. Anyone have a full manual laying around on the BOAT? I can get the Yamaha info from the web. If so please let me know.

I would like to use the fresh water flush. After locating it and trying to connect the hose to it, I noticed it needed a "quick connect" to do this.

The process seems easy enough. But, does this replace me having to rack the boat and use the gill? A step by step process from someone in the know would be great. ie. how long to flush for? keeping it tilted or not? No motor running? etc..

Thanks in advance
    Aprilealp
    Aprilealp

i havent seen the quick disc on those motors, usually or on mine, it is a female hose fitting, but you can get one this site, or at tuppens...or get a pair of muffs and use them to flush also. sometimes i'll go over to lake osbourne and dunk mine,run for 5 mins as it also cleans off the trailer.

always flush in running position, and if you store with motor tilted, use the tilt lock and lower motor back down on it.

Comment

Usually the flush thru the plug is done when the boat stay in the water. If you're trailing the boat you can flush it with normal muffs.
      PRdiver
      The wost day diving, is better than the best day at work...

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I keep the boat in dry storage and they bring it down for us when needed. So trailering it to the lake isn't really an option.

The reason I want to use the flush on the motor is because sometimes I really don't need to rack it and it would be easier to do in the water. So... I still need to know if I
        flush the motor with the motor on or off? How long to flush it for? Tilted or not?

Thanks again for the information
        Aprile
        Aprilealp

Comment

not necessary to run while flushing on motor attachment, 5 mins should do it and if its not running any position should be fine.
          if you use muffs, motor has to turn for pump to push water up.

Comment

When using flush attachment do NOT run the motor just hook the hose up and flush I don't think you need a quick connect to do it just regular hose fitting
            JMB

Comment

Thanks everyone for the information.

This is a great site and a lot of my questions get answered just by reading everyones elses posts. Happy and Safe boating to all!
              Aprilealp

Comment

Working...
              X