30hp running like a bag of spanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30hp running like a bag of spanners

This engine has had a bit of a spanking - the cover came off during a storm whilst on a mooring, had waves breaking over it, rain etc...so it was a bit of a mess when I got my hands on it.

Pulled the plugs and checked there was no water in the cylinders, and pulled off the carbs and intake - these all had water in them. Stripped the carbs down, removed all the water, took out floats and what I think were the jets (two little brassy things with holes in) checked they were clear etc etc.

All back together now, but firing only on 1 1/4 cyls. Ignition is good, so i'm back to the carbs again.

Is there anything I have done wrong? Do the carbs need setting up correctly? I don't have access to a manual as i'm in greece. Can anyone give me some more info? Im pretty much flying blind - never worked on outboards before, but have plenty of experience with cars...

check compression , make sure its up to par.
    you said carbs and intake had water, hopefully the reeds are doing their job but the carbs need to be stripped down TOTALLY and cleaned,rebuilt if possible, not just pulling the floats.

Comment

Thanks, I will strip them down again. Can anyone tell me the correct float heights? It's a 2003 model...

Comment

Working...
      X