Wrong Carbs on 200HP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Carbs on 200HP?

I purchased a new boat that came with a 1998 Yamaha Saltwater Series II 200HP outboard. The model of the engine is S200TXRW. When I took possession of the boat the RPMs would just surge on their own and I brought it back to the dealer immediately. They had to send it to another dealer who serviced Yamaha engines. The only answer I got about the problem was a bad float.

Last year some dirt got into the fuel system and clogged the carburetors. I purchased some used carbs on eBay to be able to rebuild them. After I received the carbs I notice they are not like the ones on my boat. I purchased the service manual and the carbs I purchased match the ones in the book. After rebuilding the carbs the engine works better than it ever has. The old carbs were putting out too much gas in my opinion.

Can anyone tell me what engine these carbs should have been on? The carbs are Nikki 64ESO B11 7703C. There are also the following numbers on carb number 1, 621400-B11.

No Im afraid I don't have a cross reference from manufactors number to engine model or to Yamaha part number.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by larena View Post
      I purchased a new boat that came with a 1998 Yamaha Saltwater Series II 200HP outboard. The model of the engine is S200TXRW. When I took possession of the boat the RPMs would just surge on their own and I brought it back to the dealer immediately. They had to send it to another dealer who serviced Yamaha engines. The only answer I got about the problem was a bad float.

Last year some dirt got into the fuel system and clogged the carburetors. I purchased some used carbs on eBay to be able to rebuild them. After I received the carbs I notice they are not like the ones on my boat. I purchased the service manual and the carbs I purchased match the ones in the book. After rebuilding the carbs the engine works better than it ever has. The old carbs were putting out too much gas in my opinion.

Can anyone tell me what engine these carbs should have been on? The carbs are Nikki 64ESO B11 7703C. There are also the following numbers on carb number 1, 621400-B11.
      For reference I have the same engine and same info on the carbs

Comment

Working...
      X