2004 F40 water pump melt down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F40 water pump melt down

I have a 2004 F40 and ever since new I never thought it pumped the water it should. I talked to the dealer and said dont worry its normal but last weekend I took it out and no water was being pumped. I have checked the ports and nothing is pluged but when I took the water pump apart the houseing is melted and inpeller is chewed up. I have less then 50 hours on the motor. What would cause this to happen? Its always been in fresh water and never ran it into sand or anything. Thanks Paul

I forgot to ask, how do I make sure I got all the pieces of plastic and rubbing out of the line? I can take and blow through the flush port and feel air coning out the rube going to the water pump and also the small discharge hole at the top. Anything else I need to take apart and check? Thanks Paul

Comment

>the houseing is melted and inpeller is chewed up. I have less then 50 hours on the motor. What would cause this to happen?

Sounds like the water pump has run without water and has done a burnout.

Comment

you could have had a plastic bag or something similar around the lower unit while under weigh, and never knew it. Bottom line is it was run without water.
        Dennis

Comment

Working...
        X