Yamaha 3.5A Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 3.5A Help!!

HELP!! I've just picked up an old 3.5A engine which requires a good service. Trouble is I can't got hold of a manual, doea anyone know where i could source one?
    Secondly i saw a photo of another 3.5A outboars which had a gear shift lever to the right hand side. Mine doesn't have this and only appears to start in gear. Can anyone advise me whether this should be the case, or should there be a neutral position? I would be very gratefull for any advise/help. thank you

No sorry the 3.5 is not sold here in the U.S. and I'm not sure where to get information on it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha 3.5A help

Hi there,

The model with neutral and forward is the 3.5C; the 'A' is fixed transmission.

I have picked up a 3.5A from the metal heap at the local dump. It seems to be OK and in good nick apart from a dead magneto coil so I have commenced a hunt for this part. I also need one half of the lower plastic cowl. I did find a parts list and an owners manual (50:1 mix before you ask...) on the net. Have you still got the motor? If you are dumping it let me know, as I could do with a coil (if it has a good spark...)

Regards, ChampagneLaugh

Comment

Working...
      X