F115 won"t make rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 won"t make rpm

My 2001 F115 will only make about 3000 rpm after with layup. It will make 5500 in nuetral. I've changed the plugs ,fuel water seperator,fuel filter, primer bulb, drained the vapor cannister and bled off the fuel rail. I've been told there are some internal fuel screens that may need to be cleaned, also the primer bulb never seems to get very hard. Please help

You shouldn't rev a engine up to 5500 rpm's in neutral. It's probably a fuel or spark plug problem due to gas going bad during storage. The fuel vapor tank and injectors may need to be cleaned.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

What is the procedure for cleaning the fuel vapor tank and injectors. The dealers in this neck of the woods are swamped right now and the fish won"t wait. Thanks

Comment

I had exactly the same problem, 3 dealers told me 3 different things, to the tune of $1200 to $1500+, I just said no, glad I did, it cost me $266.25, it was 2 dirty injectors and the outfit that did it took apart and cleaned the fuel delivery system, problem solved.

Comment

at the bottom of the high presure pumpHi Bigsy I have just had the same prob as you with my twin 225 03 yamaha 4 stokes .remove the tiny filter at the bottom of the hi pressure pumpin the vapour tank, mine where blocked witha soft gell type muck blew out with comp air now up to max revs , motors have done 200hours and just seviced, filter is tiny 3/8 inch dia, main filters clean think it is wax or similar in fuel ULP 92 take note when you remove hoses ect take photo s so as u replace correctly
          Maurie
          crayman

Comment

Problem solved. Cleaned injectors. I am now using Star-Tron addative.

Comment

Working...
            X