2001 Yamaha F100TLRZ four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yamaha F100TLRZ four stroke

Hello I need help concerning a 2001 Yamaha F100TLRZ four stroke outboard motor. At this time the motor has a rough idle. In my investigation I found that the two top cylinders are not firing. (and yes I did replace the plugs and added new gas). If I pull the park plug wires off, the motor runs the same. Proving to me that the motor is not firing on these cylinders. I put a screw driver in the spark plug wires and both have good spark. I realized that the firing sequence on cylinders are 1 and 4- 2 and 3. Is this correct? And the fuel pumps are set up that way also. Is this correct? So it is obvious that the two top cylinders are not getting fuel. Could this be the computer? It looks to me that the previous owner had this carbs off. I can see scratch marks on the screw heads, an obvious indication that someone had worked on carbs. What could possibily be the reason these cylinders have spark but are not firing?

Pulling plugs wires off a running engine wont help you much on that motor, it has 2 lead coils. If you think it has fire then probably a fuel problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X