Yamaha 9.9 charging system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 9.9 charging system

My Yamaha service manual shows the rectifier/regulator has 4 wires, 2 green, 1 red, and 1 black. Apparently the greens go to the Lighting coil, red to power and black to ground.
    My 1993 T9.9 ELRR rectifier/regulator has 5 wires, 1 green, 2 green/white, 1 red and 1 black.
    Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diaghram showing where these wires go? The only real question concerns the green and 2 green/white wires, two go to the lighting coil and the other goes????? Everything is factory original.
    Thanks for any help,
    Mike

Thanks JUST-IN-TIME, Please verify the following connections before I install my new regulator:
    Regulator wires 2 green/white, 1 green, 1 red and 1 black.
    Engine harness wires available 1 green/white, 1 green, 1 green with an attached green jumper, and 1 red. I put an ohm meter on the engine wires and had continuity betweet the green and the green with jumper, with open between green/white and either green.
    I should hook the regulator up as follows-
    Regulator red to engine red, Regulator black to ground, Regulator green/white to engine green, Regulator green/white to engine green with jumper, Regulator green to engine green/white.
    I hope this isn't to confusing, I'm afraid of hooking the wires up wrong and burning up the regulator or worse the lightening coil.
    Thanks again for any help,
    Mike

Comment

With old (bad) regulator the battery voltage was 12.6 before starting, upon starting and idling approximately 1500 rpm the voltage was 14.2, while maintaining idle at 1500 I kept turning on loads and voltage gradually dropped to 12 volts or .6 volts below the no load reading of the battery. This led me to think the regulator was bad?
      Thanks for your help,
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X