tiller to 703 conversion HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiller to 703 conversion HELP!!!

I have an '02 Yamaha 50hp TLRA that I just converted from tiller to 703 control box. Smooth conversion for the most part..for a rookie...However I have 2 questions:

1. When I removed the tiller wiring harness I unplugged a plug that goes from that harness and connects to the t/t motor and also a plug that goes to the oil level gauge. Do these two plugs connect back into eachother now that the tiller harness is gone???

2. When I turn the key to the "On" position the overheat buzzer goes off constantly. When I go ahead and start the motor the buzzer stays on. (If I disconnect the plug from the oil level gauge, from my question above, the buzzer doesn't sound in the "On" position or while running.)

The motor is "peeing" , thermastat appears to be fine, and plenty of oil in the oil tank. Only had it run hot one time in the past after being in shollow muddy water, changed out the impeller and fixed that.

*Note* I have only test run it hooked to the water hose for about 30 seconds because I don't want to damage anything due to the buzzer going off.

I can provide pictures or wire colors to simplify questions above.

Thanks in advance!

Those 2 plugs are for connecting gauges for trim, oil level and overheat indicators. Do not plug them togather.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for your reply!!!

Comment

Working...
      X