Yamaha 130 Alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 130 Alarms

Hi, I have twin 1989 Yamaha 130s, I have an alarm going off and safe mode at higher RPMs after a few mile run. Water pumps have been replaced in the last year or so and I have a good telltale. My mechanic was in the boat at the end of last year and said the motors are not getting hot and that I have a bad sensor so I tested the sensors in a pan w/temp gauge and all close around 180-190 degrees. I don’t think the motors are getting hot and I cant seem to isolate which sensor is going off so this last Saturday, I ran the boat hard to get the temps up and when the alarm came on I stopped the boat and checked the heads immediately with a IR Gun and the temps across the heads where (127 & 111, 88 & 90 Degrees F)

So at this point I can not figure out why the alarm is going off and the motors are not hot?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

pumps have been replaced..... in the LAST YEAR or SO ?? they should be done yearly.
    have you also done your stats and prv's ??

i would do those first then look into cleaning your water jackets.

Comment

I had the same issue, turned out to be a broken vain from the impeller stuck in the water tube. Drove me nuts. Changed the sensor, water pump. Would run for fine while no problem, then sometimes after just a few minutes the alarm would go off... If you drop the LU again check that tube.

Good luck

jon

Comment

After reading this a bit more you may have a broken or intermittent connection somewhere. Since it’s a 1989 model, the wires and connectors could be suspect particularly if used in salt water.

The Best Jon

Comment

Jon,
          Thanks, Its driving me nuts. even after the alarm goes off I can hold my hand on the block with no problem. and the temp readings on the IR gun prove its not getting hot. I will continue to trouble shoot. I just hate to throw parts at it.

Anymore ideals would be appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X