RPM's Flucuating/Bogging Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM's Flucuating/Bogging Down

I'm having trouble with BOTH of my twin 200HP Yamaha OX66 V6 Saltwater Series engines (2002 or 2001, not positive).

The engines start and idle fine but when I start to give them throttle they lose rpm/power. They then surge up and down until I pull back on throttle. Sometimes if I accelerate slow enough I can get up to 3200 rpms but not above and most of the time the problem occurs around 2200-2500rpms.

I thought it was fuel contamination/water in my fuel but I have ruled that out. I pumped a lot of gunk from my tanks, replaced fuel/water seperators many times, and replaced in line fuel filters. I have also ran the engines off of a 5 gallon tanks with good fresh gas and still experience the same problem.

I have replaced the spark plugs, and run a bunch of ring free and fuel injector cleaner through the gas but nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be much appreciated!

you will need to at LEAST drain your vapor tank and better to clean the hi pressure filter inside of the tank. it is the large aluminum tank in front of your fuel pumps, port side. when you do drain it, drain into a glass, jar etc to see whats actually in there.

Comment

Working...
    X