Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Management System Troubleshooting

Greetings,
    I have twin CR 1997 Yamaha S200TXRV's with the fuel management system on a GW Sailfish. The starboard sensor does not seem to be putting any data to the gauge. How would I troubleshoot to determine if the sensor is working, or is it the wiring, or gauge?
    Never got the instructions and sure would like to insure it’s hooked up to pick up data from the GPS and I see that it is possible to get the wiring diagram for the FMS system from some of you kind folks, please send to justdocked@bellsouth.net
    Thanks

most likely your sensor is clogged, and they are easily taken apart and cleanable.
    pull the harness, fuel lines, hook BACK to the harness and with key on, and BLOWing thru sensor should produce results on gauge if working correctly.
    Also check the connection at the non-sensing sender.
    Lastly you can swap them to see if issue follows sensor or stays.

Comment

Thanks jb123
      Alternated connections and port sender produced proper gauge reading on starboard gauge. Disassembled sender, cleaned and rehooked faulty sender and I'm back in business; both senders and gauge working properly. Any chance of finding a wiring diagram. I just received Yamaha shop manual from Boats.Net via Crestec and there's no info in there on FMS as far as I can see. Thanks Again!!!

Comment

I dont have one but if you search back thru the posts someone does have it.

Comment

Hamfisted, Boats.net, anybody ???

Comment

Working...
          X