prop size & type for 200hp v-max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop size & type for 200hp v-max

I have have a 200 hp v-max yamaha on a skeeter sx180. I am currently turning a 4 blade 25 pitch trophy but can only turn 4900 rpm . I know I am a bit over powered, I am looking for some suggestions

before you buy another prop, i would suggest tyring to lift your motor one hole up, just ensur eyou have enough water going over the intake.

Comment

hey jb,
      I currently have motor set on the lowest setting on my jack plate,and have only raised it about 1/4 inch . (the jack plate that is) it is getting approx. 10-12 on my water pressure gauge. thanks for the suggestion.it is running a lil bit better , but i might need to try to raise it a lil bit more . would a 3 blade prop help me at all ? i have a 25 pitch tempest plus that someone has has let me borrow to try out

Comment

personally i think you should be able to turn that wheel, but if you could try a 23 you would know as well......and lift that motor somemore !!as for 3 and 4 blades , i went back to 3 sws blades and keep my 4 blade merc offshores as spares.

Comment

Working...
        X