Impeller Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller Install

I feel so dumb. I can't get the lower unit off my 1995 8 hp 2 stroke to change the impeller. I remove the 4 bolts holding the lower unit on, the lower unit drops about an inch, and I can't get it any farther. Feels like there is a keeper on a shaft somewhere, but I can't find it. Can anybody help?

nothing screw under anode, the auction gears e' be freed? to give to small blows in the slab anticavitation, with tool of rubber
    Gianni

Comment

looking at your parts diagram, not knowing your motor, looks like you would have to disconnect the shift linkage near powerhead.

Comment

Thanks all-
        J I T, the bolt on the anode is offset to the rear, a lot. Doesn't do anything other than hold anode on.

Gianni, no luck with the tapping, either. Maybe you have another translation of auction gears?

JB, could you direct me to the parts diagram you refer to?

Again, thanks to all

Comment

I have varied photo where looks at the taking apart of the foot, I send yours mail? excuse but e' the sometimes incomprensibile translator!! sorry
          Gianni

Comment

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...ard/index.html

Comment

I'm have the same problem with my 8hp 1992 motor. The lower unit doesn't release from the shifter rod. Way anybody able to figure out how to get the lower unit down so I can get to the impeller?

Comment

Working...
              X