2000 F115 FUEL PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 F115 FUEL PROBLEM

I Have a strange problem with fuel delevery.The motor starts ok then comes down to normal idle speed ,750-850.when you open the throttle the motor stumbles and dies.If I manage to get past off idle it will only reach 1800-2100rpm under load.After a while all four plugs become fuel fouled and have to be cleaned.The motor will idle for one hour or more before it foules the plugs.I took it to a service tech and checked on a laptop.He said all the sensors were working.But the ics valve was open 100%. He removed the vacume line from the fuel pressure relief valve and was able to run the motor to normal rpm. having the vacume line removed creates a small vacume leak and the motor seems to get a proper mixture.I have replaced the the thermostat and verified the engine is getting to normal operating range.I have just replaced the fuel pressure regulator,and the pressure reads 43-47 psi.when the regulator is disconected the ics valve went down to 45%.it seems to ok. I still have the same problem.Any clues or sugestions from you guys would be a big help.

Assuming that the compression and ignition is good then the fuel level in Vapor tank may be be too high, inlet needle or float problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X