Problems Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Starting

I have a 99 200 HP Saltwater series that was running perfectly at the end of last season. I fogged out the motor and treated the gas before winter came. I tried firing it up this past weekend and would not start. It appears there is no gas gettng to the carbs. If I spray carb cleaner into the carbs it will run for a second or two then die. All three carbs were rebuilt two years ago. I am geting gas into the small filter in the engine and the primer ball stays hard. I was thinking something must be clogging the gas line after the filter before the fuel pumps. Any ideas? Thanks

to rule out the tank side use an auxillary tank.
    most likely your carbs will need cleaning.

Comment

Well I ruled out everything from the fuel pumps back to the tank, all good flowing. I did compare the gas in the tank with some new gas and there is a big color difference. The gas in my tank is almost like an orange color. Could the gas be bad? I am going to try the auxiliary fuel tank tomorrow with new gas, my battery went dead from trying to crank it so much the last few days....Thanks

Comment

Help

Comment

Help? Does that mean you tried as recommended with the auxillary tank?
          How much fuel did you store and what did you treat it with?
          Do you also treat the fuel all season long? And again, with what?
          Do you have a water seperator filter? IF yes, what kind?
          2000 Wellcraft 270 Coastal Tournament Edition
          Twin 2000 200 OX-66

Comment

Well, after everything it turned ut my gas was bad. Engine ran great on fresh gas in aux tank. I could swear I treated it correctly the end of alst season but apprrently not. Now I get the pleasure of having to pump out 65 gallons of gas and then paying $3.00 to replace it all... Thanks for all the tips

Comment

Working...
            X