Fuel system cleanout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel system cleanout

Ok, I know this might be a little off subject, but some experienced advice would be appreciated. I just bought a 1997 17 polar w/ a yamaha 115. The engine runs, but the boat has had very little use and the same fuel in the tank for 2 years. It doesn't have oil injection so the fuel is mixed w/ oil, and its a nasty mess in the tank I'm sure. The tank is built in so I can't pull it out to drain it. I siphonen out what I could through the fuel line before it connects to the engine and filters.
    How do I get that last 1 gallon of crap out, that I cant get with the siphon? The tank doesn' appear to have a drain. I havn't changed the fuel filters yet. Would it be terrible to mix with fresh gas and just run it empty, then replace my fuel filters (since I'm planning on it anyway)? Some expert advice would be much appreciated.

-Walter

can you access your fuel sender? if so remove and siphon from there, maybe even use a piece of pvc attached to the hose to get to a corner and tilt trailer accordongly.

Comment

Working...
    X