Outboard No Power ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outboard No Power ???

Ok, when I put the key into my brand new 703 control box, it doesn't do anything.(No Noise) When I turn the key there is nothing (No Noise, No Power), but I can tilt the motor from the control box. The wire harness is connected to motor, but there are additional wires that coming from the control box.

1. All Together: Yellow, Green, Red, and Black that have a plastic plug on the ends of them.

2. Two other wires I believe they were brown and something else.

Shouldn't the motor start with just the wire harness hooked to the motor?

I have a 2006 40 hp Yamaha outboard 4 stroke. I bought brand new 703 premium side controls from Yamaha seperate from the motor. Do you think it a bad wire or fuse? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for the help.

Double check the main harness plug is connected to engine plug correctly. The yellow, green and black wires are to connect optional gauges. There shouldn't be any brown wire outside control box, the brown wire connects to neutral safety switch inside control box and if disconnected then engine would not start.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the response. We did check the wire harness today and everything seemed fine. I'm starting to think we might have blown a FUSE. Any idea where or how many to look for??

Thank you

Comment

We found a a fuse on the left side of the motor that had a small 20 amp fuse that was fine. Any other fuses that I could check?

Comment

Working...
        X