Yam. Speed & Fuel Mgmt. Gauges Not Wrkng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yam. Speed & Fuel Mgmt. Gauges Not Wrkng

I have a Yamaha 03 Multi function Speed gauge that does not properly read the gas level to my middle 140 gal. tank (Contender 31)
    Any suggestions - other than replacing the sending unit at the tank? Also the face of the Fuel Mgmt. gauge looks like its bubbling...If I replace it - Do I need a particular Yamaha Fuel Mgmt. gauge for my dual Engines or will the single engine fuel mgmt. gauge work if I have all the harnesses?

Anyone out there that can help on either question? Please help...........

Comment

as far as i know you need the dual gauge for twins, unless you dont want to see the Port and starboard readings on the gauge,unless you can POSSibly use a switch to toggle back and forth between sensors....but as the owner of a 150k+ boat, the gauge shouldnt hurt you to much.
      and as for the sensor/sender, you could swap them from another tank to isolate the problem.

Comment

Its the same gauge. The dual kit just comes with two senders in it. Both kits use the same harness.
        With your current fuel gauge issue try shorting the hot wire and ground there at the tank's sender with the key on. If your fuel gauge go to full then its just a bad sender. I recommend replacing those cheap float type senders with the Centroid electronic sender. No more floats and rheostats to break. They're fully calibratable to your fuel tank as well.

-Mike

Comment

I got two different answers.............I like the one that says its the same gauge! Are ya sure? If so, then I don't need any harnesses. I already have them - just wanted to be sure on the gauge itself. As for the sender -- good tip, although replcing the sender is a real nightmare for the 1997 contender 31 (May require cutting).

Comment

In my boats (one is a twin, one is a single...) its the exact same gauge, and same harness. Just the twin kit had a second sender.
            Is there no access plate over the fuel tank now? Most boats have them at least to access the fuel sender.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
            X