Yamaha F150 2005 Rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F150 2005 Rattle

Does anybody have any problems with the F150? I haven't seen anything written about it. I have a rattle that goes away when I throttle up.. It's only at idle that it rattles.(the motor has 275 hours on it). I just recently changed the water pump and lubed the drive shaft.. but the rattle was there before and still is. Sounds like it's coming from the top of the engine. Just wondering if there is any concern.
    Thank you,
    DT

Is it possible that once the cover was removed that you put pressure on the flywheel cover and the two plastic small 1/4" knubs broke off. They are part of the black flywheel cover and face toward the bow. The cover will remain in place but may cause the rattle at higher rpms. I just superglued mine instead of buying a new flywheel cover and all is well for now.

Comment

Thanks for the reply... I had removed the black cover as well and the rattle was still there. I know the pins that you are talking about and they are o.k. This is running the motor at idle with the rabbit ears hooked up and all the covers off. It's just a weird kind of rattle. I'm going to check the sync of the throttle bodies but the engine runs smooth at idle.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.... DT

Comment

Working...
      X