2000 F115 fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 F115 fuel problem

I Have a f115 that has a new problem. the motor is getting too much fuel,and fouls the plugs.the local servive tech hooked the control unit to his laptop and all sensors we ok. the only thing we noticed was the ICS valve was open 100%.He removed the vacume line going to the fuel pressure regulator and the motor began to run correctly.I have a new regulater on order. But the service shop is backed up three weeks. Is the fuel regulator adjustable? the Ics valve went back to normal opening range and then climed back up to 100%.Is the computer compensating, and opening the valve,or should I replace the valve also? what is the correct fuel pressure at idle ? any info will help I am missing the best part of the fishing season thanks, bigfoot

The fuel pressure should be 44 psi. It would hard to say what the problem could be without being there. The engine ECM will try to compensate for a rich condition.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, for the info, It is very helpfull.Bigfoot

Comment

While I don't know the exact design of the fuel pressure regulator on your f115, sometimes a fuel pressure regulator fails by developing a rupture in the diaphram inside, leaking fuel through the vacuum line into the intake manifold causing a rich mixture. This could possibly explain it running beter as soon as the line was removed.

Comment

Working...
        X