Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 HP 2 stroke OIL hoses and other parts

Hello All,

It almost that time again for us boaters in the Northeast. I am planning to replace a few parts on my Yamie 90 2 stroke (it is getting old and I want to avoid a having a stroke, hee hee. Had a bad experience with an another old oil injected outboard…) Anyway I would like to replace all the internal oil hoses with new clear ones (neoprene?) Right now the longer ones to the check valves behind carbs are the originals painted blue. The short ones behind the carb are clear (badly discolored) but I am sure they are very brittle and due to be replaced as well. Does anyone have any ideas on what type of hose to use and the potential issues? Should I also replace the small valves connecting the hoses?

Also I am going to replace the trim motor, found a good used one on ebay (my old works, but is very rusted, and I suspect will start leaking any time) Question, looks like the outboard will need to hoisted off the boat to get at that motor. Am I right? While this is being done, should the trim be drained and flushed? I assume it can be drained. Probably will bring this to the shop to have done.

Your thoughts are welcome

Thx
    Jon

You can order a 2ft section of clear oil hose number 90446-07M48-00 here on boats.net to replace all the clear oil lines on a 90hp. You didn't mention year of motor, the newer motors use check valves in the oil lines, if yours has the check valves make sure the arrow points toward engine. The power trim unit is not easy to drain oil, it has to be disassembled to get all oil out.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks Boat.net

It is a 1989 model, I think it has the small check valves. Also I assume the engine will need to be hoisted off the boat to replace the trim motor, Since there is a small bolt on the back of the trim motor.

I will note a Merc P/T design (on my old V6) was easier to work with, motor comes right off without much to disassemble... Oh well...

thx

Comment

Working...
      X