Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression 150 HPDI question

I'm selling my 2 2001'1 150 HPDI's.
    They have 1200 hours on them and the guy buying them is questioning the compression. On one engine all 6 cylinders at 100psi the other engine all 6 at 90psi. When I last ran the boat 3 weeks earlier both ran to 5000 RPM at wide open and burned 15 GPH at 39-4000RPM at 30 MPH on a 26 Glacier Bay. Is this compression something to be concerned about? Both engines have had ring free since hour 1.

Thank you

When checking compression be sure to open throttle to allow air into intake, a closed throttle can affect compression readings. The compression should not be over 10% difference between any of cylinders.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The compression check was done by the Yamaha dealership so I'm assuming they did it correctly.

The guy buying the motors backed out due to concern over the compression, so they are both back on the market. He thought they should all be at 120psi. I'm only asking $7,400 for both and that include all cables, controls, binnacle, 2 tachs, and a fuel management gauge. Only thing not going are the propellers.

I'm I selling bad motors with those compression figures? The dealership said there is lots of life still in the engines, but then I'm also buying the new 4 strokes from them
      and they might be just saying that.

Comment

Working...
      X