Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDI problem causing oil transfer problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI problem causing oil transfer problem?

Working on a problem where oil isn't pumping from the main tank to the engine tank. Swapped out the level sensor with a new one, tested operation and found that oil doesn't pump until the alarm level is reached. If I slowly lower the float from its top position, the pump in the main tank never kicks in. Once I get to the alarm level, my helm alarm sounds and the pump energizes. Pump works with the emercency switch. Before I spend the bucks, I'm thinking the problem is in the CDI unit. Any thoughts?

Thanks

John

Just a follow up. Problem occurs with both sensors. Checked sensor with an ohm meter and I can see the low limit contacts close when the float is about 1 inch from the bottom of the guide post. Both sensors appear to be working OK.

John

Comment

Hey there,...I just went thorugh this with a 250 Vx Salt Water Series engine.It's not the CDI.You need to check the voltage on the yellow wire at the blue 4 pin connector on the left side of the engine,this is the wiring harness that comes from the ignition switch and the main oil transfer tank.There should be 12.0 to 13.5 volts on the yellow wire when the engine is running.I had to replace the ignition switch assembly to correct the problem.The switch was not allowing battery voltage to the yellow wire,there for the oil transfer pump would not activate to trans fer oil.Hope this helps.
      None

Comment

I forgot to mention it's a 2004 150TXRC.

I'll look at this tomorrow. Just checked the wiring diagram in my manual, and doesn't look like I have this connection you described. But, I'll physically look for it tomorrow.

John

Comment

Working...
        X