Repaint Complete Outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repaint Complete Outboard

I have a 91 200hp that runs just great but looks really bad from the Florida sun. I'd like to repaint the whole engine. Since I have access to someone who spray paints for a living, I'd like to buy the paint in bulk not spray cans. On average, how much paint will I need (pint, 1/2 pint). I know the paint code for a 91 is EK, must I buy from ColorRite, what brand does Yamaha actually use. Since the engine paint is so bad I can't try to color match. Does anyone have numbers for DuPont, Sherwin-Williams, PPG? Can be paint used on newer models (8D), like it better anyway. Don't see paint offered on Boats.Net site. One last question, is Graphic Set 6R4-W0070-40-00 the complete set? Thanks for any replys.

The only paint in bulk is from color-right and when painting make sure you use the clear coat too because it hemakes the color match. other companys do not have any thing close because of the metal flake in it other than tempo in spray cans

Comment

Find a friend with a new motor. A good paint supply house will have a scope that they can sit on the color of the paint and it will give them the breakdown of each color so they can mix up what you want. The cowling I might shoot base/clear but the mid section and lower unit I would spray with a straight deltron--Like Dupont's Imron or PPG's Sunburst.

Comment

Working...
      X