Tilt Guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Guage

I am putting on a new Faria trim guage on my 94 yammie 200. There are 4 wires that connected to the old multi guage, (tach, trim). Black, Grey, Orange and Pink. I connected the black to ground, the grey to ignition and pink to the signal. There are only these three connections on the new guage. What do I do with the orange? The problem also is that the guage doesn't work. It only moves a little off of the up position when I trim it all the way down. Please Help Me before I go CRAZY with these new guages, lol
    Thanks, Wally

are you sure you werent crazy buyin them ?? multifunction gauges are soooo nice....

Comment

Hi,
      I got just the same problem. I have checked that The trim sender have 800-1200 ohm's between black and orange wire(mine has 1024ohm) and 489-735 ohm's between pink and black wire. I also have asked the store i bought the instrument from, and they are certain that it is the right one. Quit strange since there are only 3 connections + light on it. Anyone out there who knows?

Comment

I talked to a guy from Faria and he told me that Faria doesn't make a trim gauge for an engine older than a 2001. Mine is a '94 and he said the gauge will not work. Since I bought all new gauges and want them to match, and have made a new dash for them, I guess I am going to have to try and re-wire and change my sending unit to the 2001 type. If that is at all possable. Anyone know about that? Went out today and it is a pain not haveing a trim guage.
        Thanks, Wally

Comment

Working...
        X