chossing right prop for yami-90hp. 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chossing right prop for yami-90hp. 2000

i have a stock 13 1/4x17xk aluminum prop. it turns 4800 rpms .and my boat goes about 30 miles. i am thinking about purchasing a stainless prop. any advice? should i find a prop that brings the rpms higher? and if so what are the props specs and types? thanks, lee

I have the same motor, my orginal 17 SS Solas prop gave me about 4800 at 40 MPH (no load) but hole shot was not good enough for skiing. Ran a 15 pitch alumimum yamaha prop for skiing, and would get 5400-5500 RPM (no load) at 36 mph. Got tired of switching props and had my SS Solas cup taken down to a 15p. Now I can get 5200 37 mph and hole shot will get my big buddie out of the water on skis, or I can take off quick enough and run with a full load of 3 people, ice, and full baitwell at 35 mph. (18' Bluewave). You already have yours propped to get your RPM up at WOT Range 4500-5500 like the manual, which is good, you just need to get it adjusted a bit better for your needs. -2" changing in pitch = -(200-300 RPM)=5100 rpm. Add 2" and your WOT will drop 200-300 and your hole shot will suffer, engine will labor more however eventually you may gain a few MPH. If you switch to a SS prop, they flex less and generally have more cup and are heavier. A 15p in SS will get you up quick, and probably be a bit faster then aluminum.

Comment

thanks a bunch for ur advice. will take it!

Comment

Working...
      X