Yamaha 115 Cetol 2 Stroke Hours Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 115 Cetol 2 Stroke Hours Meter

I have a 2005? (I believe) Yamaha 115 Cetol outboard with a digital hours meter. The meter, when the engine is on, shows 0.0 on the display but is not recording the hours of usage.

Is there anything that I can look for in the wiring to see what is not connected correctly. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I am hoping there is something simple before I go down the path of professional help, not that I am opposed to that.

Check the yellow wire on back of gauge for 12 volts and black wire for ground, the Yamaha hour meter records time engine is running and gets its signal from green tach wire, check that connection if it has the green wire( should get 5+ volts ac with engine running at green wire)
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Many thanks Boat.Net. Just one point of clarification, should there be a conection (green wire) between the Tach and the hours meter?

Comment

The gauge harness will allow you to connect 3 gauges to the green wire just plug both tach and hour meter in green wire connector on guage harness.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X