2006 vmax 150 2stroke tilt problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 vmax 150 2stroke tilt problems

my vmax has just started having problems where if the motor is on a full tilt it gets stuck to where it doest want to go down or even up sometimes. i have to let air out of the the triangle style nut from the rese. i would think that when i open the resivoir that the hydrolic fluid that goes in there will leak out and nothing but air comes out and then i can lift the motor. before i do that though the motor is just sitting there making the noise like it wants to come up but seems to me like it has air in the lines any idears...

is the pivot pin and tilt tube fully lubed ?
    fluid up to the brim ?

Comment

i didnt notice any fluid anywhere how can i put some in or is this a dealer job?

Comment

Sounds like its low on fluid. Raise the motor back up, open the safety latch and then open the cap to the reservoir. Add more fluid till it comes out, put the cap back on, unlock safety, and loosen release screw to lower motor to the down position. This will get out the air. Raise motor, lock safety, open cap and repeat. Keep doing it until you cant add any more fluid. Clean everything up well and look for leaks. Could be a bad seal or o-ring leaking. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X