Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 40hp ignition problem

hi to all.

i have this outboard engine ( yam,40hp 3 cylinder,2stroke,electronic ignition ) but i start it and it will only throttle to a fast idle (at idle upto very low revs,all is well ) when i put the throttle up a little more or above ( say a third throttle ) the engine studenly gets very lumpy.(almost like the choke has been put on ) ive put a strobe gun on it to check the timing and i find that when it does start to run lumpy the fireing becomes very iratic..

basicly as the enigine revs increase the strobe light gets faster as it should until i reach the revs/throttle ( aprox quater to a third of the throttle ) and on the strobe light the fireing of each cylinder becomes much less often.almost like it might only be fireing on aprox every 3 reverlution of the engine insted every of one revolution. plus ofcause each time the strobe lights up i can here the engine fire ( one stroke of power ) but its only fireing say aprox 3 times a second .

im almost cirtain its an electricle fault but i want as much advice as i can from any one who thinks they can help?????

i hope ive described it well enough

ive cleaned up the LT wires which were a bit coroded on all 3 coils,given the plugs a damn good clean ,im very sure the carbs are fine too,but still the problem persists..

hi mate.
    no its not got an alarm.
    it can still propell the smallish boat we have but it is so underpowered because of it not being able to rev much beyond quater throttle

Comment

Working...
    X