300 hpdi alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 hpdi alarm

I am getting an alarm (not a continuous beeo.....like the oil or temp alarm, but a beep....beeep....beeeep....alarm) when the engine is out of gear at idle, as soon as the engine is put in gear, the beep beep alarm goes away. engine ran fine all day....cant seem to figure out what it might be...and there was nothing flashing or any signs of overheat, ect...on the gauges. we did use a more oil than normal, (we were running at the worst speed/fuel consumption the whole day) and the plugs were due for change out....thinking that it might be a culprit.....so ill do the plugs and while im at it...do the lower unit oil....but the alarm....man i am confused!
    the same alarm goes on when the engine is off and the keyswitch is on.....when i shift into gear (engine off) the alarm goes away....

any suggestions?
    (it could have been our fish box limit alarm??.....lol) but seriously, this has got me confused.

could it be the ignition switch or a sensor on the 704 throttle assembly??

I changed the plugs and the lower unit oil.....ran the motor all day and the same problem still exists....

call me if you may have asolution 904-699-4448

thanks

i didn't see any water in the clear bowl on my racor, as well as the filter on the engine......

should i take the filter on the engine out and clean it anyway?

could it be a bad sensor on the fuel bowl?

also.....the RPM limiter did not kick in and slow me down with the alarm....the alarm is only on when in neutral.....when in gear...the engine runs like a scalded dog....
    and at idle, it purrs....

Comment

sure enough...it was water in the fuel bowl...a large amount too.......... makes me nervous....not I need to find out how its in the tank....and possibly how much....

Im thinkin it could have come in through the fill cap, or the side vent...... so im gonna start there....and change out my racor primary water fuel seperator as I think if the engine filter had water, the racor is probably shot....

thanks for the help on here everyone

Comment

Working...
      X