Connecting a Yammie Tach on 25elhp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting a Yammie Tach on 25elhp

I picked up a tach for my new to me 25elhp. It's the tach for this model, I can't remember the part number. Do I need to use the cable (#8 in the parts diagram) to connect the tach to the motor? I need to also figure out where to mount the tach as we have no console or anything to really mount to.

You will have to do some wiring to get to work. You will have install a off/on switch and connect a wire from positive battery post to one side of switch, connect yellow wire on tach to other side of switch. Connect black wire on tach to negitive battery post. Connect green wire on tach to green wire on engine(green wire comming out of stator under flywheel). Set the pole switch on Tach to 6 pole for that engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I should be able to do that. We have a power distribution panel already set up. Would it be easier to get the #8 cord?

Comment

There are two black wires coming out of the back of this tach. Do both go to the negative? Only one?

Comment

And there are 2 green wires coming out from under the stator....

Comment

I'll be looking for that dark green one then. I stopped when I saw the two regular green ones.

Comment

Working...
            X