eng stalls after start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eng stalls after start

I have a 90 hp yamaha outboard. it runs fine at all speeds. however when cold or after its been shut off for a while it idles fine but when you shift into gear it dies. on the 2001 yamaha throttle link there is a little hump, is the roller suppose to go to the high side when going into gear? also during the time its running you go to idle then shift into gear it runs fine without dying. does the electrothermal valve have anything to do with this problem? buy the way it has fresh plugs ,timing is right on the money carbs are in sunc and acc pump sprays in all 3 carbs at the same time.

The Prime Start on that engine is a thermo solenoid, when engine is cold the prime start chokes the engine, when engine starts and voltage is applied to prime start it heats up and slowly retracts plunger in solenoid and reduces the amount of choke to engine. It takes about 5 minutes to fully remove the choking affect. When engine is warm the prime start has no affect on engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I will check out the choke solenoid this weekend and let you know if that takes care of problem.

Comment

solenoid is working however I unplugged the blue wire and now motor doesnt stall out after start. seems like it was getting too much gas and was stalling when it goes ito gear.

Comment

Working...
        X